Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Nerd - Rick Snyder

OK, so I was very interested when I saw that Rick Snyder has thrown his hat in the ring.
I have owned Gateway Computers for a long time (just bought a new one in fact). I also found it interesting that he became a venture capitalist, right here in Michigan and has helped 20 start ups get into business. Who saw the Super Bowl Ad? Pretty nifty, it got my attention - did it get yours?

I know alot of people will say, he sent jobs overseas while he was at Gateway, I am doing my research on that to find out exactly how many and what kind of impact it has had on the areas where Gateway has factories. I also ask, respectfully, if you have facts and figures that can help us figure out the real story - post them!

You can go to his website here www.rickformichigan.com and see what you think. His 10 point plan is kind of vague - but when you dive into the white paper information (yes I know - how BORING) it is interesting though. Although it does seem like there is quite a bit of rhetoric (this is a POLITICAL race).
I have to say that in comparison of Mike Cox's 99 bottles of Beer On The Wall list - this one was a lot easier to get through.

I also thought it was really cool that he is inviting people to run with him! Even going so far as to post links so that you can really get involved. How much easier can you make it for people to participate in the political process?

OK, so I am still looking for discussion on Virg and now Rick.... Come on People - lets have a discussion. And thanks to anyone following this, I appreciate that you have taken the time to start reading, I hope you find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment